The CX6124 consists of two free-turning Clex knob modules in one profile cylinder. Both sides must be electronically authorised separately.
The Clex knob module is a universally applicable, battery-powered unit which, for example, is also utilised in the cylinders CX6122 and CX6126 and is already set up for 868 MHz wireless networking as standard.
The communication technology, mechatronics and batteries are located in each knob module.
Thanks to the installation of the Clex knob module using a Euro profile cylinder, conventional DIN Euro profile locks can be used and practically no extensive assembly is required. Thus the double knob cylinder is a cost-effective solution for both new and existing buildings.
Each knob module is powered by two conventional CR-2 lithium batteries which can power up to 71.000 locking operations (depending on the transponder technology used). The battery management issues 3 tones before the last closing operations to indicate that the battery needs to be changed. The locking cylinder can always be powered from an exterior supply using a low power adapter, even with completely flat batteries.
The broadest range of transponder carriers can be used with the Clex knob module as keys. These include as passive transponders (without power supply): ISO card CX6320 and alternatively CX6362 as an active radio transponder.
The Clex knob module has the following advanced system features:
- Special time zones/day time activation possible
- Permanent coupling (toggle function) possible
- Batteries can only be changed/removed with the right authorisation to open the battery compartment.
- Simple assembly and dismantling of the knob. This is only possible with the right authorisation.
- Sealed, water-proof knob in housing up to protection class IP66 (depending on the version)
- Transponder types:125 kHz: EM4200, EM4450, HITAG 1/HITAG S; 13.56 MHz: MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE® DESFire®, LEGIC® prime, LEGIC® advant, active transponder (868 MHz)