The Clex knob module is a battery-operated locking unit with universal application options, which is used here as follows: In a furniture lock with electronic freely rotatable knob.
The communication electronic system and the mechatronics are integrated in the knob module together with the batteries. In addition to the proven radio version (868 MHz), the Clex knob module is also available as a version with Bluetooth® low energy (2.4 GHz).
The assembly of the Clex knob module as furniture lock is easy and does not differ from the assembly of mechanical furniture locks.
The locking cylinder is powered with two conventional CR-2 lithium batteries which can power up to 71.000 locking operations (depending on the transponder variant used). The battery management issues 3 tones before the last closing operations to indicate that the battery needs to be changed. Using service equipment a secure opening is possible by supplying key data and an exterior power supply (e.g. when the battery is completely flat).
The broadest range of transponder carriers can be used in the Clex knob module as keys. These include, among others, as passive transponders (without power supply): ISO card CX6320, fob CX6330 and alternatively CX6362 as active function transponder.
The Clex knob module has the following advanced system features:
- Time switches/day access possible
- Permanent coupling (toggle function) possible
- Batteries can only be changed/removed with the right authorisation to open the battery compartment.
- Easy assembly and disassembly of the knob. Only possible with an appropriate authorization.
- Transponder types:125 kHz: EM4200, EM4450, HITAG 1/HITAG S, Aktivtransponder (868MHz); 13,56 MHz: MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE® DESFire®, LEGIC® prime, LEGIC® advant, Aktivtransponder (868MHz); 13,56 MHz (2,4 GHz Bluetooth® low energy): MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE® DESFire®